Monday, May 24, 2010

growing up a little

My baby brother is graduating high school on Thursday. For some reason, it just hit me that he will actually be leaving Prattville and moving to Troy in a few short months. It seems like just yesterday that my sister and I were in our t-shirts and panties teaching him how to do the "funky chicken" in the living room. (Yes, we have video.) A phase of his life will soon be over. There will be new people, new surroundings, and new challenges he will face every day.


As I sat there on Sunday during his baccalaureate service at church, I remembered how I felt when I graduated high school. I felt like life was going to get SO much easier because I was going to have so much freedom. I've always been an independent soul and always wanted to be on my own. My how time changes your mind. I wish my brother the best. I hope he falls into the right group of people and makes smart choices. I hope he makes good grades and finds something to major in that makes him really happy. Most of all, I hope he discovers who he is, stands firm in his beliefs and holds true to what makes him the amazing brother and friend that he is. After all, that is what growing up is all about, I think.
Note: I know what college is all about. I also hope you have A LOT of fun, Chaddy. I know you will. Be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment