Thursday, February 4, 2010

Dear Hormones, go away!

Happy, Sad, Mad, Angry, Frustrated, Excited, Furious, Happy, Sad, Content, Overwhelmed, Tired, Happy, Anxious, Blah! That pretty much sums up the realm of my emotions this past week. My hormones hate me!! If this keeps up, my husband may hate me even more. Yesterday he said, "Well, I'm glad you are over being sad, but Good Lord, now you are mean!" Take what you get big boy. That's what you get for marrying a woman. (I mean, I'm sure those that are married to the same sex have the same problems, right? Probably not.)

I did want to mention some things that have helped to brighten up my life a bit over the past couple of days.

1.) Sarah found her dress. There are still some accessories that may or may not be added to the dress. We shall see. :)
2.) My friend Christy found out she she is going to have a Pennie.
3.) I took yesterday off, and spent the day in bed surfing youtube and watching The Proposal and Sweet Home Alabama. (No matter how bad I feel, a good love story ALWAYS makes me feel better.)
4.) I got an 'A' on one of my papers I submitted for my graduate course which is good considering my professor told me that it was impossible to get an A+. Being the overachiever that I am, I refuse to accept that. I HATE professors that grade like that. What is the point of having a 100 point scale if no one will ever achieve it? (Hormones, calm down.)
5.) One of the babies in my dance class sang "Single Ladies", Chipmunk style, ten times during class. They always make me feel better.
6.) One of the kids on my petite dance team brought cupcakes for her birthday, and they were strawberry flavored (the icing and the cake). MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!
7.) I shaved my legs last night. That always makes me feel better.
8.) I had a Banana milkshake from Sonic and didn't feel bad about it.


---So, in closing... Thank you God for placing people and situations in my life to cheer me up. Thank you for making me realize that the simple things in life are worth noticing and should be appreciated. Thank you for not ever giving me more than I can handle because I love my husband, and I like having him around. Time to put my big girl panties on and get on with it!

2 comments:

  1. First off, I LOVE YOUR BLOG Make-over!

    Hahaha! I shaved my legs last night too, and I also painted my toe nails. :) Thanks for the "Pennie" shoutout! I love you, Rebecca... can't wait for Mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been feeling tons of emotions lately too. Yeah, the little things that make you smile can really cheer you up.

    -JW

    ReplyDelete