Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Year, New Duties, New Diet!

So, Sunday I was driving home after having dinner with some of my favorite people at Olive Garden. (This event requires a post of its own, but I haven't quite decided how to title it or how to keep it rated 'G'. On the contrary, I did post a half naked picture and a very detailed blog about Dr McSteamy, so I'm not sure this blog is rated 'G'... I digress.) Anyway, my phone rings, and of course, it was in the bottom of my purse in the back seat of the car. I waited until I got home to check my voicemail, and it was from my dearest and long-time friend, Sarah. She said she needed me to call her back immediately. Do you ever have one of those psychic moments when you KNOW what the phone call is about? You want to call back and yell out what you think, but you stop yourself because you don't want to ruin the other person's suprise?!? So, being the wonderful friend that I am, when she finished yelling, "I was wondering if you would be my MATRON OF HONOR!," I said "I KNEW IT!" That wasn't ruining her suprise, was it??


I am so excited for Sarah and Adam. They have been through a lot the past 10+ years, and I've been Sarah's friend the entire time. I've even stayed Adam's friend even though he drove Sarah NUTS waiting so long to propose. I feel like this is my wedding too, although, I'm pretty happy that all I have to purchase this time is a few wedding gifts and a bridesmaid dress.


The date is set for October 9th, 2010. I am in another wedding (Kristen and Jon's whom I LOVE very much) on May 22nd. My dilemna: Lose weight for Kristen and Jon's wedding, and KEEP IT OFF for Sarah and Adam's wedding. This year, my weight loss has a purpose besides wanting to be "sexy by summer." I just have to figure out how I'm going to pull it all off.


Here's the ring!! Turns out, Adam has had the ring since November of 2008. Josh bought my ring on August 4, 2007 around 6:30pm and proposed on August 4, 2007 around 7:00pm. I have a very patient husband. Congratulations to my very best friend and her VERY patient fiance'!

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, I love your new blog's look. I am sooooo excited for sarah and adam and am glad you are getting with this blogging-thing!

    ReplyDelete